Park Ave Staffing is currently seeking an independent contract investigator to conduct background investigations in support of pre-employment for the City of DeKalb engagements to provide the County government with information for the purpose of determining the employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Information obtained will be reported in a clear and concise report.
What is an independent contractor?
Independent contractors work from their own home office. This position is ideal for candidates who have other commitments and are only seeking supplementary or limited income by operating their own business. Most investigative tasks are completed during business hours, Monday-Friday. However, weekend availability maybe necessary due to subject and source availability.
Are not employees of Park Ave Staffing, are not benefit-eligible, are not paid by the hour and are not bound to any schedule. Must have established their own business and will be asked to provide evidence of insurance and marketing materials. Must provide a W-9, will receive a 1099 and are obligated by law to file their own business taxes Will be compensated on an engagement-completed basis giving the contractor the ability, through efficiency, to maximize profit.
• Must maintain appropriate types and levels of insurance coverage including auto insurance and liability insurance.
• Will be responsible for correcting their own task assignment mistakes without any compensation for the time such corrections take
PAS Minimum requirements:
• Candidate experience must meet at least the following three: Current/active LSBE credential (Must be as a Contract Background Investigator) preferred:
• Minimum of 3 years of BACKGROUND investigation experience with a local/state/federal agency within the past 5 years (Does not include time spent in non-background investigation roles such as criminal investigations or private investigator experience)
• Current/active OPM credential with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Active federal security clearance is preferred; U.S. citizenship (required for security clearance)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of current auto insurance are required
• Intermediate typing (20+WPM) and computer skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and work independently
• Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
About Park Ave Staffing:
Park Ave Staffing is a woman- own business that delivers employment solutions across a variety of related practice areas. Our primary areas of expertise include employment Staffing senior leadership team with a wide range of offering from General management, Logistic, Construction management. If you meet these requirements please contact us to hear more about this unique opportunity with our Client at firstname.lastname@example.org.